2019 Recreational Soccer Program
The club’s age groupings, based on U.S. Soccer regulations, largely remain the same with 1 notable exception: for players who are in the U15 (born in 2005), but who will be in 8th grade in the fall, will remain in the U13-U14 (2007-2006 birth years) leagues. Our U15-U19 leagues will be for high school players only. Please be sure to enter your player's grade correctly!
Birth Year League
2008 U11/U12 *
Middle School **
High School **
* Any youth soccer players born in 2008 who are in Middle School will play in the Middle School League
** For all youth soccer players who are born before 2008 will be grouped based on their fall, 2019 grade
For planning purposes, here are some important points to know about the fall season:
- Practices start in mid to late August.
- Games will begin on the weekend of September 7th/8th. The season ends on the weekend of November 16th/17th.
- U6 (2014 birth year) – U12 (2008 birth year) will play games on Saturday.
- U13 (2007 birth year) – U19 (2001 birth year) will play games on Sunday (none before 11:30AM).
- U11/12 leagues and above playoffs will start late October. These games may need to scheduled on a different day than normal.
- Rec Select tournament will be on a weekend in November (TBD)
Also, in years past, registration has remained open up until nearly the start of the season, which causes challenges with team assignments, competitive balance and scheduling for both practices and games. This is a practice that we cannot continue to employ to run a successful program. With this in mind, our registration timeline is as follows:
- Regular Registration: $155 per player, now through June 15th
- Late Registration: June 15th – July 1st a $75 late fee will apply
- After July 1st, no additional registrants will be permitted unless someone is new to the township – no exceptions!
Our Recreational Soccer Program follows the newly mandated U.S. Soccer guidelines so there have been some changes to our program. Please keep in mind these are guidelines set forth by U.S. Soccer and not by Upper Dublin Soccer Club.
The number one change is regarding birth year registration. Registration is nbw based on the birth year of the player, not their school grade. For example, a 2007 birth year player will be considered U13 for the 2019-2020 season. Please visit this link for more information regarding birth year registration: http://www.epysa.org/membership/us_soccer_player_development_cups__competitions/
The second important change will be to field sizes and number of players on the field. Please see this link for more information regarding the changes to field sizes and number of players on the field: http://www.epysa.org/membership/us_soccer_player_development_field__goal_standards/
These changes have led Upper Dublin Soccer Club to restructure our Recreational League into new league groupings.
Upper Dublin Soccer Club is aware that these changes affect some players more than others. We ask that all families keep an open mind regarding these changes and help us to provide a great soccer experience to all of our players.
PLEASE EMAIL THE CLUB AT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.